I don’t know about you, but I love getting small gifts. My kids especially love small gifts. Gifts don’t need to be big or extravagant, just meaningful:-)
To help my daughter’s class celebrate Everyone Reads Week, I talked with the teacher and the other room mom and threw a few ideas around that I had seen on Pinterest.
Here is what I ended up doing:
1. Cat in the Hat Cheese Sticks – take cheese sticks and draw on the wrapper with sharpies
2. Chocolate books – take a Hershey’s chocolate nugget, place it on a piece of construction paper. Trace it long side, roll it to the side and trace, then the king side again. Cut it out, fold, and use double sided tape to secure the chocolate. I then wrote ‘A Story’ on the front, and ‘Read’ on the spine.
3. Bookworms – I used MS Publisher to create these adorable labels. Then I put 4 gummy worms per snack bag, put the label on, and sealed:-).
These were so much fun and took all in all about 1 1/2 hours total.
I hope these small items make the kids in her class smile and add to the excitement of reading<3. Reading is a true gift!
Remember…They Will Love Your Effort<3
Here are the links off of Pinterest that I used for my inspiration:
1. Cheese Sticks: firstname.lastname@example.org
2. Chocolate Books: made2bcreative.com