I wanted to give my friend something fun. The weather has been beautiful down here in NC and what says summer more than ice cream. I thought I give her a big Ol’ bucket of ice cream mixed with Brandy and Creme de Cocoa.
My husband’s family makes THE BEST ICE CREAM DRINKS EVER!!!! Truth be told, I was nervous making their recipe because my husband makes is so well.
Recipe for alcolic ice cream drinks:
5qt pale of ice cream (Aldi’s is the BEST) **let it sit out about 30min-1hour to thaw before starting**
1 container cool-whip
1 cup Creme de Cocoa
1 cup alcohol of choice(Brandy, kulua, Creme de mint)
1. Combine in you BIGGEST DEEPEST bowl that you have: ice cream, cool whip, Creme de cocoa, and alcohol of choice(I use Brandy to make Brandy Alexander’s)
2. Use a big spoon to start mixing. After you have it starting to be combined, use a mixer to fully blend it all together.
3. When it’s all blended it will be nice and smooth like the picture below.
4. Magically, the whole mixture will fit back into the original 5 qt bucket that the ice cream came in. ***I pulled some out to have for myself since I didn’t try any while making***
5. Place bucket back into the freezer to re-freeze.
6. When it comes time to serve, the ice cream drink will be like soft-serve ice cream. The alcohol and cool whip keeps it from getting rock hard. Put the amount you would like in a glass and microwave for 10 seconds, stir, and serve with a straw.:-)
***These drinks are AMAZING for parties! You can make all sorts of fun drinks ahead of time and just keep them in the freezer.***
A super fun, different, refreshing refreshment !
Remember…They Will Love Your Effort<3